Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Our 10 yr anniversary trip

I know, this isn't random thoughts like the title suggests, but really, how many are???  :)

Our 10 year anniversary was on June 1st, and we decided to take a trip by ourselves to an adult all-inclusive resort in Cancun.  It was called Aqua Live - we highly recommend it!  If you are looking for a truly relaxing vacation, this is it!  It was wonderful.  Okay, I tried to think of how to best put all of my thoughts and experiences into a good blog, as I have so much to say!  6 days worth of thoughts is hard to condense.  I wrote down all of things I wanted to remember onto a piece of hotel stationary.  But HOW do I write it down for you?  Okay, here goes, and if I hate it, I guess I can always edit, right?

  • We almost missed the plane there!  How does that happen?????  We got to the airport really early and right through security to the gate.  It was early, so we went to have a bagel and beer at the lounge right next to our gate.  It didn't take us long, but neither of us wears a watch.  OOOPPS!  We were looking at sunglasses 1 gate away when James heard our names announced as a last call.  Well, at least we made it, right?!?!?
  • When you walk into the hotel, it smells a bit like eucalyptus.  It is just a relaxing, welcoming kind of odor.  And when you are checking in, they have the most amazing sweet green tea for you to drink.  There is a really cool little water feature in the lobby, but every time I walked through, I thought I was going to walk right into it!  
  • I put on my first real bikini on our first day, and I felt great!  I look back at the pictures now and hate the way I look, but I was actually confident there.  My cute pink and white suit was cute, and I was so excited to get into the ocean and play in the waves that it didn't occur to me to be self-conscious.  I am like a kid in a candy store in the waves!  It was tough to tear me away.
  • Our anniversary was on the 2nd day, and honestly, it was nice to get it done with.  We got to plan it right away, enjoy it, and not worry about it the rest of the time.  But we had the best time, rain and all.  We worked out in the morning, had breakfast, and then went to the beach.  Then we had the only real nap of our vacation, which was really nice!  After that, we went down to the "adult pool".  It was the temperature of a cool hot tub, there was hardly anyone there, it is fairly small, and it is the only pool with a bar in the pool.  TONS MORE TO SAY ABOUT THAT DAY, BEWARE!  The adult pool was funny!  We met a really cool older lesbian couple from Alabama there and talked to them for probably a half an hour.  Then, as the rain came in, the pool filled up with a bunch southern people.  The girls were funny - they were trying to teach me how to be and drink like a southern belle.  And then these guys were amazed at my husbands nipple rings.  It was a trip and a half!  And +3
  • I thought it was funny that they were all into sharing drinks, no matter who it was with.  They taught me about Scooby Doo shots and CC & Sprite.  One of the funniest part was when James pointed out a couple having angry sex in the other side of the pool in the rain.  Mind you, it was a small circular pool and they weren't very far from us. The VERY BEST PART was that while we were drinking and waiting out the rain, OUR SONG was played through the speakers.  We rarely hear it, and it was played there, on our anniversary!  BTW, it was KC and JoJo All My Life. 
  • For dinner, we made reservations as Inlaakech.  It was an all-you-can-eat steak and lobster intimate restaurant.  We were the only ones there for a while, which was nice.  The service was phenomenal.  The food was incredible!  James had a tomato cappuccino for starter, and then Lobster and Filet Mignon for an entree.  I had a berry and blue cheese salad for a starter, and then Lobster and a Kobe Beef burger patty for dinner.  Then they brought us a chocolate cheesecake covered in nonpareils and a white chocolate triangle that said "Happy Anniversary.  It was amazing, every single little bit of it.  
  • It is amazing how confident some girls can be.  There were several girls wearing thongs on the beach!  One was the girl having sex in the pool, so that is self-explanatory.  Another was a girl that looked about 22 years old with a 50+ year old man, she obviously had implants, they were foreign, and he was SOOO her sugar daddy.
  • There were the coolest birds flying over the resort.  We called them the pterodactyls, but we honestly have no clue what they were, but they hovered over the pools and beach the whole time.  It was cool.  
  • It is amazing how you can only put your feet in the sand and then end up with sand in places you never knew possible!  Just playing in the ocean put sand in all kinds of different cracks.  I couldn't help but think of the South Park when Cartman kept referencing Dect. Sandy Vagina.  
  • It is hurricane season down in Cancun right now, so the weather wasn't that great.  It rained quite a lot, and it was windy the whole time.  That kept people off the beach and out of the pool.  
  • There were people that were running on the beach that I was in awe of.  Some ran in shoe, some barefoot.  Some with MP3 players and some without music.  Some ran in the lower sand near the beach where it was stiffer, and some ran where the sand was nice and soft.  But they are all badass for running on the beach!  Wow.
  • We were across the street from the mall.  James found a new pair of sunglasses at Oakley that are yellow with "transformer lenses".  They look very sexy!   We had some Cold Stone ice cream.  And we found the funniest glasses ever!  Shot glasses, corona glasses, and even magnets had the most perverted people sculptures on them!  Some where just men with their dicks hanging out, some were having sex, and some were in 69.  But all you had to really look close to figure them out, which made me feel more like a pervert!
  • Our last night for dinner, we went to Siete.  That night they had Mexican food by the menu and an Italian buffet.  James had Italian, and I had Mexican.  The most memorable part was the waiter, Jose.  He was great!  Enjoyed talking to us, helping us, and just "servicing" us.  And then he made us "flaming coffees".  One was rimmed with cherry and the other with chocolate.  Then there are like 5 different liquors that he mixes, sets on fire, mixes together while flaming, and then pours into the coffee glasses.  It tasted great too!
That was a wonderful vacation!  I know, long blog entry, but I couldn't help but to put it all in there.  I left out all of the mushy stuff, so you just got all of the details without the TMI.  

I hope that our next 10 years is just as great as our 1st, and that our next trips just get better and better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment