Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

As a parent....

TMI ALERT! 
I had to laugh tonight about how being a parent affects your sex life.

We put the kids to bed about 45 minutes ago, and I put on a fairly alluring little outfit.  It is a VS "maid" lingerie - I bought it for Valentines Day over 3 years ago, and now it is one of their best selling lingerie, sold in several different colors.  Wow, a little left turn there....  Anyway.  So, I crawled up on my husbands lap in his recliner and started kissing him seductively (see, I warned you about TMI).  It was really quiet except for our moans/sighs and then I heard the kids making noise from their bedroom.  I stopped and yelled "Boys, get to bed!"  Then we both looked at each other and laughed.  It is amazing the things you have to deal with as a parent. We weren't even in bed or getting really intimate when they interrupted.  Being a parent and also a married couple takes great balance, something that we have yet to figure out, even after 10 years.  I know that every couple goes through highs and lows, and every couple is different.  But I am dying to know how people balance being over-sensual or over-sexual with being a parent.  I am afraid that my kids are getting old enough to understand how much we touch each other.  Will that affect them greatly?  Will they understand later that it is how a couple in love acts, not just a couple?  Will it help them later in life knowing that they can have what their parents have in love?  I never know.  It is a difficult line to tow, and there is no manual for parents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment