Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another couple of random thoughts....

Some days I have tons of thoughts to share, or I have saved them all up for one big blog...
  • Ever feel like you can't shut the hell up?  Like you have diarrhea of the mouth?  Some days I talk to someone and I just can't shut up.  Today I found myself doing that with a friend I haven't really talked to in a while.   I was used to talking to her almost every day, but I haven't had a good conversation with her in a couple of weeks.  She came to bring me mail and work stuff, and I found myself running off at the mouth.  I miss talking to her all the time.
  • Speaking of, I am having a difficult time dealing with friends that have moved away from our street.  My girl friend left a few months ago and her husband has been waiting to leave for a year abroad with the Air Force.  Then they are moving to Germany for 3 years.  I miss her tons, but I struggle with knowing what to email her about.  I just don't know what to say.  I feel like I need to say a million things, but I feel like she has her own life away from here, so does she miss me/us?  I see her posts on FB, so I know how things are going.  But I really do miss hanging out with her.  I miss her kids too, and I miss her husband.  He just moved out this week and it is weird knowing that he isn't there anymore.  I loved talking and hanging out with him, but it seemed a little inappropriate once his wife wasn't here anymore.  Not sure why though.  It is making me sad that my friends are gone.  I haven't had to deal with this before.  I guess that is what you have to expect when you live so close to a military base. 
  • I love erotic photography, but I have discovered that it makes me feel pretty bad about myself.  The women are almost always super thin, huge boobs, evenly tanned, no body hari, perfect makeup, etc.  I want to take those picture myself, but I know that once I do, I will feel ashamed that I don't look like them.  I discovered that I still have a long way to go in my effort to not compare myself to others. 
  • And on a different note - I am amazed that both of my kids are over the age of 5.  In a month and a half, they will both be in elementary school.  I am trying not to over-analyze it or get too sentimental.  I will wait until Aaron's first day of kindergarten to do that.  But I am still becoming a little more nostalgic these days.  Plus, my 8 year old never ceases to amaze me by how mature he is! 
  • I finished reading Born to Run and I loved it.  I even teared up after Chris finished the race at the end and all of the townspeople and racers were there cheering for him.  I keep thinking about how I keep getting injured and wonder if I should start running barefoot.  I think that once I finish with my horribly painful yet apparently necessary physical therapy, I will try to start running barefoot through the park a few days a week.  I wonder if that will help me.  
  • I am now reading Fifty Shades of Grey.  I have a lot of issues with the books, although I am completely hooked.  1) they are a romanticized version of BDSM.  2) they are written by a woman who hasn't had a man dominate her - completely obvious.  The way Christian's lines are written are "how a woman wants a man to talk to her" and not how a real man talks to a woman.  3) her use of vocabulary is laughable.  4) A thesaurus would help her out immensely.  I am annoyed that she uses the same large words over and over again.  When you put seldomly used words into your writing, it is readily apparent when you use them again and again.  Especially in the same paragraph! 
Those are a few of the things I have been thinking lately and thought I would share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment