Search This Blog

Saturday, June 16, 2012

HU - still Hip

We were on our way home tonight from James' parents house and a car pulls up next to us....  It is an older ghetto kind of car with a young driver and passengers.  They were blasting a Hollywood Undead song at top volume like they thought they were cool.  James turns to me, says "Hollywood Undead."   We turned on the same H.U. song as they had on, and I just wanted to yell out the window "Hey, we like them too, and we are an aging couple with 2 kids!  How cool are they now!?!?!??!"   Not that it would have made a difference.  But I love when kids thing they are "the shit!" when I, a thirty-something mom, is listening to the same thing, wearing the same brand, doing the same thing, etc.....  Not that I am old and listening to "hits of the 80's" all the time, but I remember back to when I was 16.... I would have been mortified if I was listening to something I thought was cool and "an old chick was listening to the same thing!".   Just my thoughts tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment