Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

My silly pets

I have a ton of stuff that I think is funny about my animals.  So I thought it would be good to share their stories...
1) My dogs are both named after Harry Potter.  Yes, I am a geek, and I love it! 
2) Dobby crawls on the ground.  He will lay on the ground, and then when he senses you talking or thinking about him, he will army crawl across the ground until he gets to you.  It's like his sneak attack.  It's hilarious. 
3) Draco will come up under your legs if they are hanging off the bed and have you rub his bottom back on your feet.  Every time he does it, I think "Rub my butt!"  It's from Dr. Doolittle, and it still resonates. 
4) Clause has decided that sleeping on my pillow next to me is great.  He will come up to me, meow a couple of times, and if I ignore him, then he just plops down right on my pillow, 2 inches from my face. 
5) We started out have one cat in the apt - Boo.  Then we got Draco a few months after we moved into our house.  We found him at the DDFL.  Then James decided we needed another cat, and so we went back to DDFL with the boys a few years ago, and we got Clause.  Then I found out a friends sister was  giving away her pug last year, and I couldn't help but want him.  now, we have 2 male cats and 2 male dogs.  I am surrounded. 
6) We got Boo because James really wanted a cat.  He had a traumatic cat experience when he was little, and so he just wanted "his cat".  Well, all of the other animals gravitated to me.  Draco is soooo my dog.  I can't even describe it.  From the beginning, he was MY DOG.  Well, then we got Clause, and he just became mine as well.  James had his cat already, and the boys weren't really old enough to have their own pet.   And then Dobby is my pug.  He is the dog I love, have wanted.  My family had a pug, Gidget, when I was growing up.  She passed away right after I left for my 2nd year of college, and it devastated me.  She was the best.  So, when James and I got married, he made sure that every year for Christmas I got a PUG calendar.  So, Dobby is mine.  And it is obvious some days of the division.  For example, when I get in the shower, both dogs are laying on the floor in the bathroom, and Clause is sitting on the counter.  Or when I am taking a nap, Clause and Dobby are on the bed with me, and Draco is on the floor next to the bed.  Occasionally Boo is there, but not all the time. 
There are my boys.  My other boys. 
I am surrounded my boys - my sons, my husband, my animals.  I may joke sometimes about living in a testosterone jungle, but I really do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment