Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

hypocrite

I am a big fan of Harry Potter and Twilight.  And yes, I am 32 years old and love reading books made for young adults.  I don't make any excuses, or try to hide it like others.  I know why my best friend doesn't admit to people that she is a Harry Potter freak - people tend to judge you harshly for it.  For me, I don't care anymore.  Hundreds of millions of people around the globe love the books and movies, so why should a couple of peoples negative feelings towards it affect the things I love.  I read to escape reality, and both the Twilight Saga and the Harry Potter books allow me to do that. 
Okay, now here is my little commentary on HYPOCRITES.  I have heard many people trash those 2 book/movie series because they were made for tweens/teens/young adults.  But now that the Hunger Games trilogy is being made into movies, and those same people who blasted me/others for liking Harry Potter or Twilight are so excited to see them.  So, it's okay for them but not for me?   If you don't like the books/movies because the content, that is fine.  But how many times did people tell me that because I am a 30 something mother that I shouldn't enjoy books/movies made for young people?  A lot.  I say "FUCK YOU" to that, and to them.  People love all kinds of different things, and it is bullshit that someone should criticize me or judge me for the things I love.  I hate horror films, but I wouldn't ever make fun of someone who like them.  I have a good friend that I found out likes a bunch of stuff I hate, and she hates a bunch of stuff I like.  But because we don't focus on those things, it isn't a big deal.  Everyone should just focus on the good and positive and not judge others. 
Sorry, had to get that out...

2 comments:

  1. This is a little late, but I completely agree 100 percent. There is a guy at the library who I used to hate to check out books from. I read romance and erotica and he'd read things on the cover or stare at the pictures and make comments. Out loud! While I'm standing there blushing. I'm finally to the point where he doesn't get to me anymore but FUCK YOU was exactly what I was thinking. Have you read the Fifty Shades of Grey (Gray?) series? It is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read them yet. I downloaded on my Nook a couple of months ago, but I am reading Born To Run right now, and I don't usually get much time to read. I have heard they are poorly written but good.

    ReplyDelete