Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Another size one.....

Weekend afternoons are reserved for "quiet time".  Normally, mom takes a nap, the boys either nap or stay in their playroom, and dad watches movies or shows that only he likes. 

Today, I decided not to take a nap.  I had a cup of coffee with lunch, so that was a big part of it.  I left James to watch one of his movies and I went upstairs to the bedroom to do whatever....  I decided to clean a little and dust.  And I also wanted to try on some of my old dresses from 10 years ago.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking - "Why on earth would she have kept dresses from so long ago?!?!"  Well, normally they would have been given away, especially since for most of those 10 years, I couldn't fit into them.  But these dresses have sentimental value.  I bought 2 white dresses right before my wedding so that I would have a white dress to wear as I left the reception to head for the airport.  I bought 2 because I wasn't sure which one I liked best, and because I wanted both for the formal nights on the cruise.  Both are knee length and white.  One is strapless (but can add straps) with a long slit in the back.  The other is sleeveless, a high neckline in the front and a deep V in the back, and had two high slits in both the front and the back.  I really, really like them both. 

I wasn't expecting much when I wanted to try them on, but both fit!  They didn't fit exactly like they did 10 years ago, before I had babies and loose skin from weight loss.  They zipped up easily - and would have looked so much better had I not been wearing black panties.  Oh well.  At least I know that if for some reason I need a dress, I have 2 in my closet ready for that.  Just give me some spanx & a cute sweater/jacket, and I will be good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment