Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2012

All kinds of stuff

1) I had to go buy a new winter coat.  The last one I bought was 4 years ago  I was a bigger girl then, and I thought "Maybe we'll go up to the mountains and I might need one of those 4-in-one jackets."  Well, I bought it in a size XL - what was I thinking????  Okay, so I was thinking that I would need it a little bigger so that it could fit over a sweater or something.  Never, ever happened.  So last year, I was wearing this XL coat on my size M frame, and I looked like I was swimming in it!  My friends laughed and said I looked pretty ridiculous, which I did.  So this year, I vowed to get a better coat.  And I did!!!!  I bought a Columbia coat, size medium.  Cute, form fitting, warm, purple, and totally me.  I love the way I look and feel in it.  Best purchase I have made in the last year.

2)Old Married Couple.   This just happened, so I thought I would share it.   We were walking into the kitchen to do something, and James said "Ahhh, we are such an old married couple."  So I said "Yup!"  And he couldn't just leave it at that.  He said "You're old, I'm married, and we're a couple."  LOL - it makes it sound like I'm a cougar having a tawdry affair with a young newlywed!

3)  "One, Two, Three - Fera Verto"   I was sitting at my work desk the other day with the music playing.  Dylan was watching Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in the playroom.  I hadn't heard him come out, but I had this weird feeling that someone was watching me.  I turned around and he was standing behind me with a pretend wand in his hand whispering at me.  I asked him what he was doing, and he said "One, Two, Three - Fera Verto" while giggling.  So I pretended to be offended and said "Are you trying to turn me into a water goblet????"  And we both cracked up laughing.  It was hilarious!!!!!  He is really into Harry Potter now and just finished reading the first book.  He may not look like me, but he is so my kid!!

No comments:

Post a Comment