Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Talking with myself

I work from home, by myself, the majority of the time Mon - Fri.  One side effect of that isolation is that I tend to talk to myself, or my animals if they are around.  Most of the time it is just to try and get an idea solidified in my head, which speaking aloud does for me.  I think that I might have taken it a little too far today though.  I actually corrected myself, and then sort of had a disagreement with myself about the correction.  Hmmmm. 

Here's how it went....  I was thinking something to myself, and here's how the conversation went when I started speaking aloud. 

"You spoke too soon."
"No, you really didn't speak aloud, you just thought it."
"But, I think it works the same way, whether you speak aloud or just think it."
"Then you should have said You Thought too Soon."
"Does it really make that big of a difference?"

That's when I realized I was arguing with myself and that I should probably stop.  Then a scene from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets popped into my head about hearing voices....

"I'm not crazy...  My mom had me tested."  - Sheldon Cooper, The Big Bang Theory

No comments:

Post a Comment