Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

1 God, 1 heaven, No hell

There are those in this world that feel or know that there is no higher being - just scientific facts.  But for the rest of us, we struggle to find and define that one higher being that we believe to be out there.  For those of us scientific souls who know that the universe is an infinite cycle, it is difficult to pin down what we hope is a higher being looking down on us.  Myself, I struggle with being a scientist and then hoping that my loved ones are up in heaven, looking down at me.  Here is my take on it...
There is no hell.  When you die, your soul is light - lighter than anything.  Where does it go?  UP!  Whether that is a place called heaven or not, I believe we go UP.   Whether I believe or anyone else believes that someone has led a horrible life, does that mean that their soul heavy enough to seep into the soil?  I don't think so.  Without a body, your soul rises up. 
I don't mean to offend any (if anyone actually reads this), but I think that no matter what God you believe in, it is the same God.  The same higher being.  For me, it amounts to this.  If God is supposed to be the most powerful being in the world, why would God allow multiple religions?  Why - God has designed it that way.  With billions of people in the world, everyone should have their own free will, believe how they want to, and live their lives the way they believe they should.  If we were to all believe the same, worship the same, live the same, wouldn't he/she/it have designed it that way?  If we weren't meant to live together as a mixed society, mixed races, mixed religions, mixed beliefs, wouldn't have God have stepped in by now?   It all works together.
When you love someone that has died, do you not automatically look up?  Even if you know that person hasn't lived the best of lives, been the best person possible, sinned according to the bible (or whatever book you take stock in), don't you automatically hope that they are up above you?  Loving you, supporting you, watching over you, protecting you? 
Funny that thinking about my darling pets made me think about that.  They love you, regardless of what you do, or who you actually are on the inside.  Your pets are there for you, to follow you around, protect you, watch over you, and love you unconditionally.  It saddens me that some people can't find solace in a pet.  They are such a comfort and I believe that they are just little guardians sent down to watch over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment