Search This Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Tiny

I am a foodie.  Never made an excuse about it.  Simple English.  I LOVE FOOD!  Many years ago, I started working out.  I work out so that I can eat.  I am not dying to be 35 yrs old and a size 0.  Nor am I knocking anyone who is.  We all have a goal or an ideal image of ourselves.  At a size 0 12 years ago, I was miserable and anorexic.  Right now I am a size 8, fit, built, and happy.

Yesterday a friend referred to me as "tiny".  I am not Tiny.  Not even a little bit.  I am a size medium and happy about it.  Knowing who I am and what I look like, I wasn't sure if I should say "Thanks!" or "you shouldn't have...". 

Background - We were at Old Chicago's for dinner.  We were out trick-or-treating with our friends at a mall and we wanted to do dinner.   Great!  So, we go to order, and I order a Chicago Seven Stromboli, wings for an appetizer, and a pumpkin spice beer.  My friend Christine said that she wished that I could come over and meet her parents.  Her mom would love me because she would love a "tiny" girl that loved to eat that she could feed.   I love it!  Really, I would love to go somewhere and not worry about the food.

At home, I worry about what I eat.  I do P90X workouts in the morning.   Then I eat something packed with protein.   At lunch, I eat balanced.   But when I am with my family, I don't eat well.  Pizza?  Spaghetti?  Soup & Sandwiches?  Fend for yourselves?   Ooops.

Tiny?  Nope.  Medium?  Yep.  I am average.  And that is fine by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment